Cobra System Self Cocking Tactical Crossbow Pistol 80-lb Review
Today we are going to review the 80 lb draw weight Cobra System Self Cocking Tactical Crossbow Pistol. This is the most popular mini crossbow on the market today and for good reason. It’s a reasonably priced crossbow with a lot of performance and safety features. Let’s take a look a look at some of these features below.
- Die Cast Alloy – The main body of the Cobra is made from a die cast alloy making it plenty strong for hours of shooting. The sides of the frame are covered with solid brass plates as well.
- Fiber – Graphite Limbs – This allows the limbs to flex and return to their original state when cocking and firing.
- Self Cocking System – With the self cocking system it takes very little effort to bring the string back into the loaded position. Simply pull down on the cocking lever and return it back to the original position. This allows for quick semi automatic reloads.
- 80lb Draw Weight – This is a lot of power in a small product and allows crossbow pistol bolts to be launched 100 yards down range.
- Adjustable Rear Sight and Bead Foresight – The mini crossbow comes equipped with adjustment wheels for sighting, windage and elevation. This allows you to fine tune your accuracy.
- Automatic Safety – When the self cocking system is applied it automatically puts the safety in the on position. This is always good when dealing with the mini crossbow as it’s a very powerful crossbow in a small package.
- Aluminum Arrows Included – The mini crossbow comes complete with 3 – 6″ aluminum crossbow bolts to get your started.
- Small and Compact – The mini crossbow measures approximately 18″ x 6″ and comes in at just under 2lbs. This makes it very convenient and light to carry or throw in a hunting bag.
At the time of this article the Cobra System Self Cocking Tactical Crossbow Pistol sells for around $30-$35 putting it right in the middle price range for the mini crossbow pistols. The mini crossbow comes pretty bare as far as accessories go so you may want to add some more. I’d recommend some more crossbow pistol bolts and an extra string. If the standard sights aren’t your cup of tea then I suggest adding a scope or red dot sight. A lot of people have had success using scopes and red dot sights that are made for BB and airguns.
One of the things I really like about the Cobra is the pre-drilled open holes in the frame. Not only does it help lighten up the bow without sacrificing integrity but it also allows you to attach objects to the bottom of the frame. It’s easy to secure a flashlight for night shooting. You can also attach a small fishing reel or spool in order to use your mini crossbow for bow fishing. This makes this mini crossbow a complete target, hunting and fishing bow.
Here is a video showing the Cobra in action.
Check out our other reviews for more great crossbow pistols or click below to get your Cobra System Self Cocking Tatical Crossbow Pistol. Thanks for checking out my review on CrossBowPistol.net!