The Best Pistol Crossbow Targets
For shooting pistol crossbows you can use a lot of different targets including boxes, wood, hay bales, and phone books. But all of these can be hard on your crossbow bolts (arrows). If you want to save your bolts we suggest you invest in a good target. A good target literally grabs and stops a bolt making it easier to pull them out and decreases the wear on the shaft and fletching. Let’s take a look at our picks for the best targets on the market today and a short review of each.
Field Logic Classic 18 Archery Block Target – If you have been around archery for a while then you have heard of Block targets. The Block Classic was the original open layered archery target. The layer design allows the target to grab and stop crossbow pistol bolts from the heat they produce. This heat dissipates quickly allowing for easy removal from the target.
- Can handle field tips, broadheads and expandables.
- Weather Resistant so you can leave it outside year round.
- Quality construction to handle thousands of shots.
- Integrated handle for easy moving and setting up the target.
- 18 x 18 x 16 inches.
- Weighs 13.5 lbs.
Morrill Yellow Jacket Discharge Target – The small target is designed for full size crossbow hunters to carry into the field to discharge their loaded crossbows at the end of a hunt. That’s also what makes this a great crossbow pistol target. It’s also cheaper than most of the targets on our list and it’s the lightest on our list. The only downside to this target is your pretty much limited to only shooting field tips into it which is fine for practice.
- Water and Weather proof so you can leave this outside year round.
- E-Z carry handle for portability
- 10 x 16 x 8 inches
- Weighs 6 lbs
Hurricane Crossbow Discharge Bag by Field Logic – Here is another discharge bag which is perfect for your mini crossbow. This one is the smallest target on our list and one of the most affordable. It’s also one of the lightest targets on our list. Like most discharge bag targets you can only shoot field tips into this target.
- High visibility color on the target itself and the aiming points.
- Heavy duty carry handle.
- Easy bolt removal.
- 1000PSITri core technology for a longer lasting target.
- 12 x 12 x 12 inches.
- Weighs 7.4 lbs.
Field Logic Shooter Buck 3D Archery Target – This one is for the person that wants a more realistic target while they are practicing. Why shoot into a boring bag when you can shoot a realistic 3D animal? This is also the largest and heaviest target on our list.
- Replaceable vitals insert.
- 25% larger insert than comparable models.
- Includes ground stakes to keep target in place.
- Weather resistant so you can leave it out year round.
- 37.5 x 10 x 22.8 inches.
- Weighs 16.7 lbs.
Remember that a target will not only bring you more shooting enjoyment but it was also protect your crossbow pistol bolts. We will be updating this list as we find more great targets. Have fun shooting and check out our other great articles here!